back to Course categories
Preparation in Basic Sciences for the FRCS (T&O) Examination
Mr James Donaldson & Mr Addie Majed
Monday, 24 January 2022
Tuesday, 25 January 2022
Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital, Stanmore
This course is aimed at SpRs preparing for the FRCS (T&O) exam with the twin objectives of:
- Revising essential topics required for Basic Sciences for FRCS (T&O)
- Helping organise your knowledge into exam ready answers
The programme will combine interactive lectures with demonstrations and mock vivas.
This format will facilitate effective review of your knowledge and allow practice in constructing confident, accurate answers in preparation for the exam.
Topics covered will include:
• Biomechanics of hip, knee, shoulder and ankle
• Bone & cartilage biology
• Microbiology & infection control
• Bone tumours & pathology
• Fracture healing & fixators
• Orthotics & prosthetics
• Principles of nerve injury & repair
There will be a series of vivas in which you will have the opportunity to demonstrate your enhanced basic
science knowledge and your improved exam technique.