Date(s) - 26/09/2019
Dundee Institute of Healthcare Simulation, Ninewells
- This is a one day hands-on cadaveric course which covers core orthopaedic surgical skills in shoulder arthroscopy on Thiel embalmed human cadavers, giving a more realistic operating room experience. With presentations kept to a minimum, the majority of the day is spent practicing skills. Numbers are limited to 10 delegates with 2 delegates for every operating site. This course has been awarded 6 CPD Points.
- Setup and positioning
- Portal placement
- Open vs. arthroscopic pros and cons
- Diagnostic arthroscopy and EUA
- Subacromial decompression and bursectomy
- Arthroscopic capsular release
- Acromioclavicular joint excision
- Biceps tenotomy
- Complications of shoulder arthroscopy
- Tips and tricks to a safe and efficient shoulder arthroscopy
- ST3—ST6 Orthopaedic trainees and SAS grades.
- £490 (Inc. refreshments and lunch)